BBNC SHARE365 Program
- A program designed to align with the City of Toronto's Poverty Reduction Strategy and a vision for a strong, inclusive neighbourhood where community members fully participate in opportunities that enhance well-being for all.
- A program that focuses on some of the poverty issues including access to good jobs, adequate income, stable housing, affordable transportation, nutritious food and supportive services.
- A program that directs contributions to services, skills development and program subsidies over extended periods of time throughout the year.
Well....that program has arrived!
BBNC's SHARE365 program has been developed to address poverty reduction with a targeted, direct approach.
Under the SHARE365 Program, BBNC collects necessities (personal hygiene items, household cleaning products, and a toy for each child under 12 years old) among other needed items, throughout the year. But beyond even this, the SHARE365 program directs all sponsor financial contributions to support such initiatives as:
- Participant families receiving a Good Food Box every other week for an entire year;
- Program subsidies (such as fitness, health, nutrition, nursery school, family planning, seniors programming); and
- Skills development workshops (such as food handling certifications, CPR/First Aid Certifications, computer learning series, resume building and job search strategies).
Our goal is to direct all contributions so that we reach more people over extended periods of time throughout the entire year.
Under SHARE365, BBNC has developed strong community partnerships with the following organizations:
- Churches By The Bluffs Food and Clothing Bank, where participants can access food and clothing throughout the year.
- Food Share, who, with the generous financial support from donors, help us to deliver a Good Food Box of healthy, nutritious fruits and vegetables once per month with a goal to increase that to two times per month for an entire year.
How You Can Help
We have big plans but we cannot do it without you, our great supporters. Our goal is to collect $100,000.00 to fund the program for the next year. Please donate in one of the following ways:
- Mail us a cheque or come to our location at 93 Birchmount Road to drop off cash or a cheque.
- Please make cheques payable to BBNC, with SHARE365 written on the reference line.
- Donate by clicking on the large "Donate Now" graphic near the top of this page. In the message box just below your donation amount, specify your donation should be directed to the SHARE365 program.
- Make a donation of toys, books, hygiene items school supplies and cleaning supplies to help fill the December boxes. Contact Toni Blay at 647-347-1710 or email@example.com OR contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out what supplies are still needed.
- Volunteer your time to create and deliver a skills development opportunity.
- Contact us to obtain a volunteer application and let us know what skills you have to offer the program or the centre.