BBNC's Mission, Vision, Values
& Strategic Directions
(Approved by the Board of Directors on March 24, 2011. Launched on June 8, 2011.)
Birchmount Bluffs Neighbourhood Centre works with diverse individuals, families and communities to overcome barriers and enhance quality of life. We do this by fostering social inclusion, developing skills and abilities, and collaborating with our partners to facilitate access to a range of flexible and responsive programs and services.
We envision a strong and inclusive neighbourhood in which community members fully participate in opportunities that enhance well-being for all.
We define these values as follows:
- Respect: We believe that every person has the right to be met with compassion, accepted in a non-judgmental way, and treated with respect and dignity.
- Diversity: We embrace diversity in all of its forms, in our clients, agency and community, and support non-discriminatory policies and practices.
- Inclusivity: We actively seek ways to welcome all members of our community and ensure they have the opportunity to participate in meaningful ways.
- Building Capacity: We nurture the development of individual and community capacity by offering programs and services that enhance independence and build upon abilities.
- Equitable Access: We commit to removing barriers that restrict individuals and groups from accessing services and participating in our programs.
- Collaboration: We believe that each of us is enriched when we are able to work collaboratively with one another to share experiences, perspectives, information, knowledge and supports.
- Integrity: We employ honesty and ethical decision-making practices in all that we do.
- Accountability: We recognize that our community has entrusted us with an important responsibility, so we take care to be responsible and accountable for the management of our agency within available resources.
Our Strategic Directions (Next 3 Years)
- Focus on organizational responses that enhance our capacity to deliver accessible and responsive services
- Conduct a community needs assessment
- Work in collaboration with strategic partners
- Address access barriers
- Review and update current programs
- Develop targeted outreach/communication plans
- Strengthen our internal infrastructure to ensure service excellence
- Support board development, recruitment and succession planning
- Develop core competencies in our board, staff and volunteers
- Improve planning, communication and coordination across programs
- Update and implement key operational policies and practices
- Monitor our progress towards shared goals
- Pursue viable space options that enable program expansion
- Engage and empower our community to address issues that impact their lives
- Consult with our participants (current and potential)
- Mobilize community assets and abilities
- Expand capacity building and leadership development efforts
- Create new connections